- 3/4 cup butter
- 9 firm bananas. sliced
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons spiced rum
- 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 3 cups vegetable oil for frying
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter . Stir in bananas and sugar, and stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour in rum and cook 1 to 2 minutes more. Spoon half the banana mixture onto each flour tortilla, and roll up, tucking in the ends, like a burrito.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Fry chimichangas until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.
OH MY GOSH! This was awesome & I didn't even make it as chimichangas. I made the banana sauce and served it warm over vanilla ice cream. As an accompaniment, I made cinnamon crisps by cutting flour tortillas into triangles, spraying them with butter and dipping them in cinnamon/sugar. Then, I baked them for about 5 minutes at 400 degrees. I made this for our Dinner Club and it was a hit!