Saturday, January 12, 2013

Paleo Spiced Raisin Muffins

A friend recently gave me this recipe and I must say it is amazing! Even if you are not gluten free you should try these! My 3 year old son, who is a very picky eater, scarfed down 2 in no time. That was huge for my little muffin lover who recently had to go gluten free. Happy Mommy dance! Next time I am going to play with the flavors and try adding apples or apricots :)

Ingredients:

1/2 c. Sweet potato, mashed
1/2 c. Unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 c. Raisins
1/2 c. Nuts (I used pecans) chopped
1/4 c. Raw honey
1/8 c. Carrot, shredded
2 eggs (or egg substitute)
3/4 c. Almond flour
1 t. Cinnamon
1t. GF vanilla
Pinch nutmeg
1 t. Baking powder

Mix all ingredients together, place in muffin tin and bake for 28-30 minutes. Makes about 10 muffins.



Here is the blog where she got the recipe:
http://carrotsncake.com/2012/08/paleo-morning-glory-muffins.html



No comments: