Thursday, November 6, 2008

Apple Pumpkin Muffins


Here is a recipe that I found on Allrecipes.com that is super yummy and easy. It made my house smell so yummy when I baked them. A few tips: I used my Pampered Chef Chopper to chop the apples quickly and very small. I also was out of pumpkin pie spice so I googled and found a recipe for it that I will list at the bottom if you happen to not have that on hand. Also, I made one pan of mini muffins and baked those for 15 minutes and the pan for the regular muffins I actually pulled out after 30 minutes.


I would have to rate these as 5 star muffins! YUM!



Apple Pumpkin Muffins


INGREDIENTS
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup canned or cooked pumpkin
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups finely chopped peeled apples

STREUSEL:
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 teaspoons cold butter or margarine


DIRECTIONS
In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Ingredients for 1 Tablespoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 1/2 t. Cinnamon
3/4 t. Ground Ginger
1/4 + 1/8 t. All Spice
1/4 + 1/8t. Ground Nutmeg

3 comments:

Debi Walter said...

Is this you, Taraleigh? I loved those muffins at HG last night. Yum-O!

Anonymous said...

ooh...I can't wait to try these! Yummy!

Taraleigh said...

Yes it's me! :)