Tuesday, October 21, 2008

French Chocolate Silk Pie


This recipe has been a favorite in our family since Tom and I were first married back in 1979. I got it from the Orlando Sentinel that published it from Mack Meiner's Country Store. This was a wonderful restaurant that used to be located on 17-92 just passed Virginia Drive. They had the best BBQ and the best Peanut Butter Pie! This recipe works for both their Chocolate and Peanut Butter versions. Try them both together for a great Peanut Butter Cup Pie.

Difficulty: Moderate, if you make your own crust. Easy otherwise.
Stars: 5, of course!
Prep Time: 30 minutes


INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup butter, softened (not melted)
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted, or 2 Tablespoons peanut butter (creamy)
1 baked pie crust

DIRECTIONS:
Beat butter until smooth and creamy. Beat in sugar gradually until fluffy. Mix in chocolate and vanilla. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating 5 minutes after each addition.

Spoon into shell. Chill overnight. Top with whipped topping.

Makes 1 (9 inch) pie.

Posted by Debi

3 comments:

Debi Walter said...

Oh my goodness! I decided to do a google search for Meiner's Country Store and discovered that Sam Meiner still operates a catering business, Meiner's Catering, but that he also owns and operates Bubba Lou's Bodacious BBQ. This is my favorite BBQ restaurant and I didn't even know the connection until tonight. I mentioned it to Tom (who works in the food service industry) and he said, "yeah, I know that!" I'm always the last to know. Hmmm, now I'm craving BBQ! :-)

Taraleigh said...

Thank you for posting this, I can't wait to make it again!!!

Shauna said...

That looks amazing (and super simple, especially if I cop out and buy a frozen crust). I'm so excited to try it!