Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Roasted Asparagus from Debi Walter's Kitchen




Difficulty: Easy

Rating: 5 stars - I have never cared for asparagus until I made it this way - delicious! The roasted flavor makes it!


1 1/2 lbs. fresh asparagus, trimmed
3 T. extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
2 T. unsalted butter


Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Spread asparagus on a baking sheet in a single layer and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and roast the asparagus in the upper third of the oven until the spears are tender when pricked with a tip of the knife; about 10 to 12 minutes depending on their thickness. Remove baking sheet from oven.

Immediately place the butter on a corner of the hot baking sheet to melt with tongs, transfer the asparagus to a serving platter. Pour melted butter over the asparagus and serve. Serves 6.

Tip: If you bend the asparagus spear on the bottom half, it will break where the stalk starts getting tough.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I make it this way too and it is delicious!

Mandy, said...

Ooohh... I can't wait to try this. I love asparagus and I'm trying to change Jason's taste-buds about them and I'm always looking for a new way to cook them! Thanks!