Sunday, August 16, 2009

Robbie's Copy Cat Recipies - Zuppa Toscana Soup like Olive Garden's®

Has anyone heard of this website?

Robbie's Copycat Recipies

I LOVE soups, in fact, I could probably eat soup and salad for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day of my life. So anyways, last night I tried the Zuppa Toscana Soup like at Olive Garden and I must say...it is pretty spot on. I added zucchini because I love zucchini but it really didn't make it taste any different at all. If I were to do this again (which I will) I would not put as much sausage in it.

I have included the recipie below but strongly urge people to visit the site and try some of the other recipies out. If anyone tries one let us know how it went! I have the ingredients to make Bruchetta like at Carraba's next ;)


Zuppa Toscana Soup like Olive Garden's®
Spicy sausage and bacon, russet potatoes and
greens in a creamy broth.

Submitted By: Jessica Dudley
Serves: 10
Prep. Time: 0:35

1 lb. spicy Italian sausage - crumbled
1/2 lb. smoked bacon - chopped
1 qt. water
(2) 14.5 oz. cans (about 3 2/3 cups) chicken broth
2 lg. russet potatoes - scrubbed clean, cubed
2 garlic cloves - peeled, crushed
1 med. onion - peeled, chopped
2 cups chopped kale OR Swiss chard
1 cup heavy whipping cream
salt and pepper - to taste


-In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown sausage, breaking into small pieces as you fry it; drain, set aside.
-In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown bacon; drain, set aside.
-Place water, broth, potatoes, garlic, and onion in a pot; simmer over medium heat until potatoes are tender.
-Add sausage and bacon to pot; simmer for 10 minutes.
-Add kale and cream to pot; season with salt and pepper; heat through.

Posted by Erin S.
~Photo not my own~

No comments: