This is my Mother-in-love's Italian sauce recipe. She loved to make this for our family on special occasions. There is nothing that says love more than a large pot of sauce on the stove ready to delight family and friends at the table.
- 1 pound ground italian sausage and/or ground beef
- 2 large can Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 large can Tomato Puree
- 6 Tablespoons tomato paste
- Oregano, to taste (approximately 2-3 T.)
- Italian Seasoning, to taste (approximately 2-3 T.)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Garlic Powder, 1/2 teaspoon, or more if desired
- Salt to taste
- 2 leftover, bone-in pork chops
Brown ground meat in large skillet. Drain fat and set aside.
In large pot add 8 ingredients stirring well. Add the ground meat and pork chops. Allow to simmer on stove for 2-3 hours. Or you can make this a day ahead. It's always better the next day.
Serve hot over pasta of your choice. Be sure to add freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese on top.