4 lb. chicken thighs with bones 1/2 cup tomato puree'
1/2 cup oil 3 T. tomato paste
2 onions, minced 2 t. salt
1 green pepper, chopped 1/2 t. black pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed 1 t. thyme, dried
4 cups canned tomatoes 1/2 t. Italian spices
1/2 cup red wine
1. Toss chicken pieces in the seasoned flour. Brown in hot oil
2. Add onions, green pepper and garlic. Cook for ten minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, tomato puree' mixed with tomato paste, salt, pepper, thyme and mixed spice.
4. Cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
5. Add the wine, cover and cook for about 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
posted by Debi